I'm a nerd. I love calc, I went to orchestra camp for six years, I play chess and one of my favorite places to be is in a bookstore.
- The beef-veal-pork trifecta is key. I feel bad for the baby cows, too...but not bad enough because including their goodness in the recipe helps ensure that the meatballs are tender
- Overhandling the balls when you're forming them will make them tough so use a light hand
- Using a panade (bread soaked in whole milk) will keep the meatballs moist
- Just use the egg yolk to help bind the mixture. The egg white makes the meatballs gummier
- Add parsley and pecorino romano to the meat mixture for flavor
I love to eat comfort food. Give me heavy, warm food over something light any day of the week. Now that the nights are getting colder, there is something to be said about the joys of comfort food. When you combine it with a glass of wine and a friend, you get nothing less than a perfect fall evening.